Apr 23, 2013

Rainbow cake

I made this yummy vanilla cake for my Dad's birthday. All of my siblings were getting together to surprise him for his 70th bday so I thought I would bake a cake but I wanted to add a little bit of prettiness to it so I added some food color to some of the batter. You can find how I assembled it here. It was so much fun to make and I put a yummy strawberry frosting on it with some big yummy fresh strawberries. It was so pretty and I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. Sorry. :( There is always next time.




So this is what it looks like after you place the plain batter on the colored batter. Then just bake like the directions. 


Here is a picture of my sweet dad on his 70th birthday. Happy Birthday Dad. He is with my mom and children and my nephew is the other blonde little boy in the picture. 



No comments:

Post a Comment