Apr 20, 2013

Garden week 2

So the seedlings are coming along really nice and we finally cleared an area in the yard for the raised bed. I had to do quite a bit of research about where the best place to put the garden and I read that it is where the sun hits it for about 8 hrs. So we found a nice rectangle on the side of the house and that is where we are going to put it. Now I just have to go buy the materials for the bed and start building. I did put some of the herbs in pots yesterday and a few of the tomato plants too because I didn't want them to feel cramped. When we transplanted them they still had the egg shell so we broke the shell into pieces and placed it in the soil. I figured it would give them some good vitamins in the soil. Then we carefully placed the small plants in pot. The roots looked so good and strong so hopefully this Florida sun won't be too much for them. I have to water them all the time and the sunflowers are really getting big and their soil drys up quickly. I think they are almost ready for the big garden. But for now they are stuck on the porch.




No comments:

Post a Comment