Feb 4, 2013

Smash Monday #1

I am having so much fun with this SMASH book that I really hope I can keep up with this all year long. I was telling my oldest how cool this is and I wish I had done something like this when I was her age. An example of some themes that she could do might be one for every year in high school, another for summer of 2013, spring break 2013, or anything like that. Kids these days take pictures all the time, so much more freedom without the expense of film like when I was a kid. They don't realize how lucky they are to be able to document their lives through these phone cameras now or any of those social media apps that they are using. What I want to do on this blog is start a SMASH Monday and I will show you what I have added or bought for my book and hopefully you will share yours. You don't even need to go out and buy one if you don't want to you can simply make one too. But let's share the progress of them and see how much documenting and memories we are cherishing along the way. Life is a wonderful journey and we need to document this road we've chosen. So here are a few pics of my SMASH book. You might notice I have quite a few things written about Gabbie, she's my third, but January is her birthday month so I wanted to make that month mostly about her. I am getting my pics printed right now too, so I don't have those in there to share yet. But happy SMASHING!
 I labeled all the pages by month because that is how my book is set up. That way I know how many pages I can dedicate per month before the month even begins.
This is a page from our Miami trip weekend and the concert for JB. I wrote down the story of how everyone was sick that weekend so I won't forget and how hard that trip was for me. 

This is the adorable cover and I put a tag on it with a label of the year so my family or I can use it as a quick reference in the years to come. But this is the start of the SMASH book and now I just have to add a few pics from January and that month is complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment