Jun 11, 2013

Garden month 2

Ok, so I know I have been bad about updating you about the garden because it has been quite a bit of work. It was part of my bday present to have a raised garden bed built and then filled with a compost and manure mixture that I wanted. My plants were getting so big that I knew if I didn't get them in the soil soon that there might be no hope left for them because they were getting a little pitiful looking. But now I planned them all in this nutritious soil and they are just taking off now. I can't wait to see them produce some veggies now. I have also started to plant some eggplant seeds in little pots so hopefully they will take off soon and be ready for the summer.


Here are the pepper plants. I hope these grow some more before the summer heat really hits here because I am not sure they will really survive that heat. They are a mix of the yellow and red peppers. I picked this particular kind to plant because those pretty colorful peppers seem to be so expensive in the store that I thought why bother if I can grow it myself.

So the girls are so excited to start picking those tomatoes and I hope they ripen soon so the girls don't pick them too soon.

Here is one of my tomato plants. I actually bought this when it was small and it has probably doubled in size so far, but I am sad to admit this is not one of my seedling babies. I have 3 other ones in the garden that I have grown from seed and doing quite well they just don't have any tomatoes on them yet to show off.

This is one of my cucumber plants that is doing wonderful and has so many flowers blooming on it that will hopefully bloom into cucumbers soon.
This is actually two of the basil plants that I put in the garden so hopefully they will really grow into a huge plant because we have eating so much of the caprese salad that we need big

No comments:

Post a Comment