Dec 24, 2012

Cookies

I'm trying this new twist on the traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe because I don't  have any chocolate chips but I do have peppermint bark chips. I just LOVE cookie dough so I wanted to make them with the girls for our Santa cookies but dilemma no chocolate! I picked up a bunch of baking stuff around Thanksgiving time because I knew when I wanted to bake something I wouldn't remember until 6 at night and there is no way I was going out then so stocking up on baking supplies while I saw them really was a time saver for me this year. So back to the cookie making we made the traditional with a holiday twist. They do look really pretty for the season with the little specks of red in them. And the best test of all is when my 3 year old ran off with a cool one and said, " Mama they are so good". Now that's a winning cookie. You can find the recipe here Nestlé and the other one we made for Santa and family coming over this week is from the Pioneer women Christmas cherry cookies.


They are both kid approved and ready for Santa tomorrow. Merry Christmas everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment