Dec 23, 2012

Snowflakes for Sandy Hook

It was such a tragedy that our nation faced on Dec. 14th at Sandy Hook Elementary but to help the school, victims, and families the national PTA has started this snowflakes for Sandy Hook. What a great idea! My girls love to craft and so that is what we did all morning and they couldn't stop making them. I have a 1st grader too and so she understood a little how this will impact their school. She wanted to make so many that it would fill up a hallway! I had to get her to slow down a bit but we made about 25 of them and sending them to +Krista Parry at the +Snowmamas so they can send over a big package to the Sandy Hook school. I have been so touched by this tragedy and sitting here many days crying for the families that have lost a little one so close to the holidays but this warmed my heart to be able to do something I'm good at and craft.
Making something for someone else makes my day and I know that some of the victims will never see the snowflakes but it might help the children who were scared to return to school after the holidays. I hope it relieves a little of those fears. So I hope everyone makes a snowflake for them.




Hope everyone has a wonderful and joyous Christmas holiday season. If you want to make your own snowflakes to share visit Snowmamas and that is where you can find all the info.

No comments:

Post a Comment