Mar 20, 2013

Slow Cooker Meal- Spicy Pork

I am always trying to be a better planner with kids activities, homework, housework, and most importantly meal time. We try and sit down as a family most nights and enjoy this time together so I want everyone to enjoy it. The kids love to help in the kitchen and I try to get them involved as I can and as time will allow. So I made this Spicy pork and we had a Chiptole like dinner. My oldest, the teenager, is in love with this place! Almost every day she asks to go to Chiptole and of course I tell her no. But on this night I thought it would be fun to make our burrito bowls at home. We served the spicy pork, white rice, lettuce, corn and shredded cheese. I really wish I had sour cream on hand because that would have taken the bite out of the spicy. But for the most part this was so much fun and the kids love to assemble their own meal too.



Here is the recipe:
1- 2-3 lb pork shoulder or butt
1- 15 oz can of Chiptole peppers
2- large onions cut in large slices
2- Tb of brown sugar
2- Cans of dark soda on hand (I've used Dr. Pepper or Coke)

Put it all in the slow cooker for about 6 hours and turn the pork about every 2 hrs to make sure all the meat is covered. That is it and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment