Mar 15, 2013

Spring Gardening



I don't know about you, but I am so ready for Spring! I am very lucky to be living in the sunny state of Florida, so I don't have to slush around in the snow and bundle up in multiple layers, but lately it has been cold here. So to get ready for Spring time we start to garden around here. Since we moved into our new house last Fall we have been doing so many projects and the yard of course is one of them. We sodded the front yard and it is looking so wonderful. (I will post pics of the before and after this week). But the backyard we decided to wait on because we want to add a pool, deck, pergola, and a firepit area. I have been making some sketches of what I want the yard to look like and make sure I include an area for my gardens. I really want one day to be able to go out back and just pick all our veggies from the garden. One day that dream may come true! But in the mean time I must be happy and satisfied with a smaller garden that I can manage anyways right now. So we started out with a few already grown plants and I bought a few seeds too. The seeds I am going to put in egg shells to grow and then when they are bigger I will transplant into a bigger pot or the ground. I thought the egg shells in a cute container would be adorable to put out for an Easter decoration too. See I'm accomplishing two things with one project! Love that! Next week we are going on a ski vacation so I have to wait to plant the seeds and the potato bucket when we come back because I don't want them to dry out while we are away.


No comments:

Post a Comment